If you’re coming to this post looking for WordPress Tutorial, then I assume that you already know what WordPress is. For those of you who don’t know what WordPress is, basically WordPress is a blogging platform – a software (Content Management System to be exact) that allows you to create a blog, publishing blog post, creating page, and more.
Initially, I create this WordPress Tutorials List as my personal reference to help me whenever I need help about certain thing regarding WordPress, however since I know that this kind of tutorial list will benefits lots of people who also taking interest in running their site using WordPress, I decide to add basic WordPress tutorial on top of my existing list and make it one big list of WordPress tutorials.
So, without further ado, here’s big list of WordPress Tutorials.
WordPress Tutorials Basic
- Install WordPress: If you need a great tutorials on how to install WordPress easily in less than 3 minutes using Fantastico, you’ll definitely find this article useful.
- Using WordPress: WordPress dashboard is simple, but beginner maybe still need a little help on getting his first post published, or tweaking their blog and make it personal. This article teach how to use WordPress, and brief explanation about each menus in WordPress.
- How to Install WordPress Theme: WordPress allows its user to install theme, which basically means skin for their blog. Using theme, we can turn plain WordPress blog into unique blog such as magazine type blog, gallery blog, and many more. Complete with list of trusted site which provide free wordpress themes which you can use for your WordPress blog.
- WordPress Plugins: Have you ever wonder what is the meaning of WordPress plugins and what they can do to our WordPress site? Well, WordPress plugins is basically an extension – add ons – which can turn your WordPress blog into almost anything you can imagine. This WordPress tutorials about WordPress plugins will show you how you can download WordPress plugins, install it in your WordPress site, and then activate it for your site. We also include list of five must have WordPress plugins for better blogging experience.
Advanced WordPress Tutorials
Basic WordPress tutorials already covered anything you need to know to create your first WordPress blog, publishing your first post, creating your first page, changing your blog design or WordPress theme, and extend your WordPress blog and make it do almost anything you want.
However, WordPress provide a lot more function than that, so here’s list of advanced WordPress tutorials that you can use to make your site appear in search engine, monetize your WordPress site, secure it, scheduling backup, and many more.
- Maintaining Your WordPress Site: Just like any other great software, WordPress also keep evolving thus it is necessary for WordPress user to keep maintaining its WordPress site by upgrading its core script, or upgrading the themes and plugins. This article show you how you can upgrade your WordPress, how to upgrade WordPress plugins and theme, and also typical problem that you’ll probably meet when you upgrading your WordPress plus how to solve it.
- WordPress SEO: WordPress by itself is a great blogging platform which loved by Google and get indexed relatively easy by crawler. However, you can make your WordPress blog perform better in search engine and make it more user friendly by doing simple on page optimization tricks. This article show you how you can make sure all your post indexed by Google, and also how you can make your site appear better in search engine result page.
- WordPress Blog Monetization: Blogging by itself is fun, but what if you can also make money from it? In this article I show you how you can monetize your WordPress blog using several monetization method, such as PPC and PPV, affiliate program, and many more, banner advertising, and many more.
- Securing Your WordPress Site: Sometimes bad things happen. We can’t do anything about it and that’s why securing your WordPress site is crucial as an ‘insurance’ ust in case there’s something wrong with your WordPress site. In this article I go into great details on how you can backup your site, installing wp security scan plugins, and how you can optimize your site and make it hacker resistant.
More WordPress Tutorial Goodies
WordPress Tutorials PDF
I compile all of WordPress tutorials I have and decided to turn it into a PDF. You can download this WordPress Tutorial PDF here: WordPress Tutorial PDF »
WordPress Tutorial Videos
You won’t believe on how much people actually creating WordPress Tutorial Videos on YouTube. Unfortunately, most of them are not up to date and only cover old WordPress version (ver 1.x ~ 2.x) It’s pretty rare to see WordPress tutorial for WordPress version 3.x, mainly because this version is relatively new.
Lucky for you, I just purchased complete WordPress tutorial videos for WordPress version 3.x and put it for free on YouTube for everyone to watch. Below is playlist to all basic WordPress tutorial videos.
If you want to download the HD version of it so you can watch it at the comfort of your own home, you can download all of these videos on this page for only $7. I also throw in list of 17 must-install plugins for your WordPress site as a bonus, so download it right now here: http://www.syamsulalam.com/products/easywp
If you want to download WordPress, make sure to only download it from its official site here: http://www.wordpress.org
Remember that these tutorials above are only for self-hosted WordPress (it’s not for WordPress.com). Once again, link for WordPress download is here: http://www.wordpress.org OR just use Fantastico to automatically download it and install WordPress to your server.
WordPress need the right hosting environment to make sure that you have the best experiences when running your WordPress blog. The most recommended hosting for small blog that run using WordPress is BlueHost web hosting (according to WordPress.org).
I host my WordPress site using HostGator as its server. The reason why I choose HostGator more than BlueHost is simply because in my opinion, HostGator has better support team than BlueHost. Both of them, HostGator or BlueHost is great hosting service, so I definitely recommend those two.
More WordPress Resources…
- WordPress Themes:
Official WordPress theme repository. (http://www.wordpress.org/extend/themes)
Free WooThemes Gallery. (http://www.syamsulalam.com/browse/freewoothemes)
Premium WooThemes Gallery. (http://www.syamsulalam.com/browse/woothemes)
- WordPress Theme Tutorial:
Just in case you want to create your own WordPress theme. (http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development)
Great tutorial on how to create a WordPress Theme by ThemeShaper. (http://themeshaper.com/2009/06/22/wordpress-themes-templates-tutorial/)
- WordPress Tutorial PDF: Download here »
- WordPress Plugins:
Remember to only download your free plugins here. (http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins)
If you’re interested in developing your own plugins. (http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins)
- WordPress Tutorials Video: Download it here (http://syamsulalam.com/products/wpeasy)
- WordPress Tutorials from WordPress Codex: (http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons)
- Web Hosting for WordPress | WordPress Video Tutorials #1 (Ver. 3.2.1)
- How to Install WordPress | WordPress Video Tutorials #4 (Ver. 3.2.1)
- How to Register Domain Name | WordPress Video Tutorials #2 (Ver. 3.2.1)
- How to Setup Name Servers | WordPress Video Tutorials #3 (Ver. 3.2.1)
- How to Configure Permalinks | WordPress Video Tutorials #5 (Ver. 3.2.1)